Monday, February 16, 2009

020.


ART.
what is it?
i'm not feeling it.
it should be an expression, raw, true, honest,
but i have
artist's block.

{or something.}





"The place where your greatest passion and the world's greatest need meet is your calling."
but i don't know where that is exactly.
i have a heart for people, for creating, for hope in CHRIST.
writing, singing, soul searching make me feel most alive.

in my brokenness, complete.
in my indecisiveness, ready.
in my emptiness, shown light.

what is my calling, i am fairly uncertain.
sometimes, i feel like i'm blossoming into a great artist,
and somedays, like today, i'm not feeling it.

i have no idea, no clue.
I KNOW I AM CAPABLE OF SO MUCH MORE.

2 comments:

THE Barracuda! said...

Naw, no such thing as an artist block, because a true artist paints truth of themselves, passions, fears, emotions, poetry on canvas.

Amanda said...

Gina,
You ARE a gifted artist and you're great with people - especially kiddos. I think days like these are Satan's way of getting you down and thinking that you're not good at anything. If you're doing what your passionate and honoring God through it, then you're following your calling.